Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Star Cookies

In honor of 4th of July we made Star Cookies with white icing and red and blue sprinkles. It was a huge mess (not because of the kids, because of me...), but so much fun for the kids. Now before you think I'm supermom know that it was store bought cookie dough. We rolled out the cookie dough and used a star cookie cutter. I like letting the kids do each task even though it doubles the amount of time it takes to make them, but I like letting the kids learn how to do things for themselves. They each got a chance to roll the cookie dough and took turns with the cookie cutters. While they were baking we made some simple royal icing. When the cookies were cooled enough I put the icing on and the kids sprinkled the cookies. They are the most beautiful cookies I've ever seen! Now I have to spend the next hour cleaning the kitchen, but it was well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment