Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Color Popcorn

Today's summer activity: colorful popcorn. This was really a trial for Heidi's upcoming Aloha Rainbow Birthday Party. I am planning on making rainbow color popcorn as part of the party favors so this was a chance to try out a recipe. I chose a sugar crunch popcorn recipe and boy was it easy and super yummy! Here's the blog I found it from: http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2011/07/sugar-crunch-popcorn.html. I popped the popcorn and placed the popped popcorn in Tupperware, then made the sugar coating while the kids watched me stir it. The coating took only a couple of minutes to make on the stove. Then I poured it on top of the popcorn, put the lid on, and let the kids go to town shaking their containers. Heidi wanted blue popcorn and Noah wanted green. It was quick, easy, and super yummy. This is the recipe we'll be using for her upcoming birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment