Monday, July 23, 2012

Rainbows Rainbows

It's no secret my daughter is obsessed with rainbows right now. Anytime she draws or paints there's a rainbow in the picture. I sometimes feel like that episode of How I Met Your Mother where one of Lily's student shows her rainbow after rainbow after rainbow... that's my daughter, she's going to make her kindergarten teacher explode one day. So today's activity was to make a rainbow. I drew a rainbow on each of their sheets of paper then tore apart all the colors of construction paper and they got to glue the pieces of paper on to the rainbow. What is it about kids love of glue? Thank goodness for glue sticks or I'm sure we'd have globs of glue all over the table and bodies and probably even hair. Thank you to the inventor of glue sticks. Heidi was super excited to do the activity and so was Noah, at first. Then his excitement faded after the color red and all he wanted to do was put glue all over the paper. Oh well, at least he did the red. On a side note, I am now completely out of construction paper, again. So please feel free to donate a package of construction paper to the Menchaca Munchkins before they decide to draw on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment