Monday, October 26, 2009

Visit to Kingwood

n Friday Ben said he was stressed about all the work that still needed to be done at work before Monday. I asked him if he wanted to work over the weekend and you could see a huge amount of stress just release from his body. He said he would see if the others at work could work over the weekend and if so then he would work and I would take the kids to Kingwood for the weekend. At 1:00 he gave me the final decision and I packed up the kids and off to Kingwood we went.

It turned out to be a perfect weekend to come visit. The weather was absolutely gorgeous all weekend, just perfect for all the outdoor play we do around here. Not much happened on Friday. We got here about 5 and Heidi's "cousins" came over to visit for a few minutes before leaving for Austin's baseball game. Everyone left for the baseball game but I stayed here to feed the kids and put the to bed. Noah fussed for a little while before falling asleep, but once he did fall asleep he slept all night with no problems (love my little 12 hour sleeper).

Saturday started out with lots of fun. We went another one of Austin's baseball game at 9:30 am and Heidi loved cheering for her cousin. His team lost but we got to see Austin get a great hit and make a few good plays. He's only 6 right now, so his team is still learning the basics. It's so cute to watch this age group. Then we came home, had lunch, and put the kids down for their naps. After nap time I woke the kids and dressed Heidi in her Halloween costume to go to a Halloween costume birthday party. The kids had a lot of fun over at someone else's house, with someone else's toys. Noah crawled around in the grass the whole time while Heidi tried out all of Meg's toys. Meg is 3 days younger than Heidi, so her toys were the perfect aged toys for Heidi to occupy herself with. After we came home we had dinner and put the kids to bed.

Sunday was full of fun too. We started off the day by going to the park. My mom stayed home with Noah so he could take a nap while Karen, Tristan, Austin, Heidi, and I went to the park. We stayed there for about 3 hours. After being there for a couple of hours Karen went back to my mom's to pick up lunch and she came back with lunch and my mom and Noah. We all had lunch at the park! Absolutely wonderful! The kids played for a little longer and then we came back home to put the kids down for their nap. While they were napping my friend from college, Tanya, drove to Kingwood to come hang out for a while. My dad made the most awesome BBQ for dinner and we all were stuffed.

We were suppose to leave to go back to Austin this morning, but it is storming like crazy. Instead of driving in this yucky rain we're going to have a relaxing day and hang out at my mom's. I love coming back home for visits, it's so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment